Thursday 6 June 2013

Happy Birthday My Grandmother...




This is my grandmother cemetery, my family and my grandfather came at the birthday of her. It's been a principle in my family, that, when someone of us died, how do you think it's appropriate not to visit them in the graveyard again? But it's not just about that, it's more than that, we appreciate someone we loved so much not just when they're alive, but also when they're resting in peace. I cried so much when I knew she passed away, I just met her a few hours before her passing, and she was seemed so happy, she smiled to me and laughed happily to see me. And you know what, there was a strange sign actually, the last time I met her in her house, she always in my life waved her hands whenever I was about to leave the house, a wave of goodbye, that day, when I was leaving I just looked at her, and asked permission to leave, she just smiled and nodded her head, not waving, it was strange for me to feel, but I didn't think it was the last I could see her face... Of course I didn't, and then I slept home, suddenly in AM I was being waken by my maid at home said that she just passed away. I was, I forgot how I reacted, but I remember how in a minute, I cried so long and sobbed, I really cried and I called her name... "Atok Mama..." that's how I called her all my life. I called her name again while I was sitting and couldn't hold my tears, I just cried in the chair for a while that AM. Then I went to her home, the ambulance was already there, and she was already showered and covered with white fabric, I laid myself back to the wall about to fall, and I cried again... I kept on crying that, I stopped, but then the other families came by to visit and they cried, so I cried again. And so on... You know, when she was alive, she was always... Always happy to see me, and I remember how I got good grades in highschool, I was 1 of the 3 best in class, for years, and she cried for that, she cried and thanked me, I was confused in my heart, why did she thank me? I thought maybe she felt so proud, but I didn't ask her of course. And it's just, she took care of me when I was a little child, much more time she did spent to take care of me, but of course I was little, and well, I felt of her not just as my grandmother, but also she is like one of my mother you know, so it's just filling my eyes, whenever I remember her, I wanted to cry, even I was about to cry writing this, but maybe I grew up enough so the tears didn't fall as usual. And I'm happy, sometimes after she passed away, she would visit in my dream, more than once, we met in my dream, and we hugged each other in tears... And she's so beautiful in my dreams, she shines bright, and appears so much younger...

No comments:

Post a Comment